Fire in the workplace is a very real danger. Each year 70,000+ workplaces are affected by a serious fire. Not only does fire cost over $2,000,000,000 in property damage and loss, but it also affects employees-- about 5,000 employees are injured and 200 die each year.
The fact is that roughly 85% of all workplace fires are caused by factors related to human behaviour. This means that with proper training and planning, you can greatly reduce the risk of fire related loss and injury in your workplace! You may even prevent a death!
This fire safety training program, produced by National Safety Compliance, can assist in preventing catastrophic damages from a workplace fire through training employees in the following areas:
- How a fire works
- Preventing fires in the workplace
- Classes of fires (types of extinguishers)
- Preparing for a fire emergency
- Procedure to follow during a fire emergency
- When to use a fire extinguisher
- PASS method (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep)
The Fire Safety Training Package includes:
- DVD or VHS training video
- Leader's Guide on CD (Quiz, Answer Key, Training Log, Certificate, Applicable OSHA Standards, and more)
- Fire Safety Plan (mandated by OSHA)
- Powerpoint® Presentation
All materials except training video are printable and included on 1 CD.