In an effort to fight terrorism and improve the security of hazardous materials being shipped, the Department of Transportation has added three major security requirements to their HAZMAT regulations. Companies that handle hazardous materials must develop a "Security Plan", and give their employees "Security Awareness" and "In-Depth Security" training.
The "DOT In-Depth HAZMAT Security Training" makes employees aware of the risks associated with transporting hazardous materials and gives them an understanding of their facility's HAZMAT Security Plan.
The video is 16 minutes and addresses the major areas needed to comply with the standard, including:
- The DOT's HAZMAT security requirements
- Security risks associated with transporting hazardous materials
- Methods that have been designed to enhance transportation security
- How to recognize security risks
- Responding to possible security threats
The Training Kit Includes the 16 minute DOT In-Depth Hazmat Security Awareness DVD or VHS with the following:
- Trainer's Guide
- 5 Posters
- 30 Booklets
- Reproducible Quiz & Answers
- Reproducible Certificate
- Attendance / Sign-In Form