Created specifically for the Department of Transportation's HAZMAT training regulation on Handling and Transporting Hazardous Materials, these products provide the "Safety Training" required by the regulation. (While these products can be used by themselves, they can also be used as companion products to the DOT HAZMAT "General Awareness" video).
"DOT HAZMAT Safety Training" video focuses on employees who handle hazardous materials. This video makes employees aware of the hazards associated with the materials they handle... and shows them how to secure and work with these materials safely.
The video is 18 minutes and addresses the major areas needed to comply with the standard, including:
- The regulation itself.
- Hazardous materials that employees may encounter
- Hazard "indicators", such as labels, shipping papers and placards
- The use of personal protective equipment (ppe)
- Proper handling procedures, and methods and procedures for avoiding accidents
- Accidents/emergencies involving hazardous materials
- Spills and cleanup procedures
- Security risks and terrorism
The Training Kit Includes the 18 minute DOT Hazmat Safety Training DVD or VHS with the following:
- Trainer's Guide
- 5 Posters
- 30 Booklets
- Reproducible Quiz & Answers
- Reproducible Certificate
- Attendance / Sign-In Form